Join Our Team
Position Type: Part Time (20hrs/wk)
Reporting: President and Director of Development Operations
Location: Helena, MT
The Wilderness Land Trust is the only national conservation organization solely dedicated to purchasing privately owned lands within designated wilderness and transferring them into public ownership to ensure the promise of wilderness for future generations.
The Wilderness Land Trust seeks an Operations Manager to own a variety of projects and daily tasks in a mission-driven office environment. Reporting to the President and Director of Development Operations, and working collaboratively with all TWLT staff, this position will be responsible for a variety of fundamental operational functions, while also assisting with, and at times taking the lead on, improvements to key business systems and processes. The Trust is looking for a detail-oriented individual keen on providing support, assistance and problem solving. The ideal candidate understands customer service and will bring a can-do attitude to all situations. The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, comfortable learning and using a variety of information technology resources in an office environment.
Hours are flexible, but the candidate must have a regular presence in the Helena office at least two times a week. Estimated commitment of 20 hours a week.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, bank deposits, and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Assist with online and hard-copy records retention and storage.
- Preparing documents and reports for staff and bookkeeper.
Cross Functional Administrative Support
- Enter donor engagement meeting notes, pledges and donations into TWLT’s donor database, prepare gift acknowledgement letters, and prepare and mail new member welcome packages.
- Maintain , including training staff, developing best practices and improving processes.
- Assist with multi-state donor member mailings and other activities with the communications and development teams as needed.
- Manage logistics and support for offsite or virtual board and board committee meetings and community events.
- Manage select annual business, charitable and project-based filing processes of the organization.
- Assist with Land Trust Alliance accreditation.
This list of core responsibilities is not meant to be exhaustive; other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet the needs of the organization and the strengths of the incumbent.
- 3-5 years of experience in business or non-profit administration.
- Demonstrable skill and experience learning and using office software platforms and services, including database and customer relationship management platforms. Knowledge of Raisers Edge NXT a plus.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to understand, communicate, and effectively interact with a diversity of people.
- Commitment to wilderness land protection.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work extra hours in preparation for board meetings (fall, winter, spring), and peak fundraising season (fall, spring).
The Wilderness Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer who strives to increase access to opportunity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all elements of our hiring processes and work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, ability, age, race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Position begins immediately.
To apply, please submit: 1) brief cover letter describing experience relevant to the position’s core responsibilities and 2) resume with three references. Email to: email@example.com including the words “Operations Manager” in the subject line of the email. References will not be contacted unless you are selected for a final interview.