Feedback from landowners
“Easy to work with.”
“Very Satisfying. This was a big job to put together – so many people involved.”
“We’re happy to see the land return to public ownership for the enjoyment of all.”
Selling Your Land
Are you a landowner interested in selling your land at fair market value to ensure it is preserved for future generations? The Wilderness Land Trust buys private property in and adjacent to designated wilderness, and in areas proposed for future wilderness designation.
We actively work across the western United States, including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
How We Can Help You
As a private, nonprofit organization, the Trust can act quickly to purchase land with minimal red tape. Our professional team is responsive to your needs and experienced in resolving complicated real estate issues such as boundary, title and access matters. We work with local appraisers, lawyers, contractors and real estate agents and provide environmental, political and fundraising expertise.
When You Work With Us:
- You are assured confidentiality.
- You will receive fair market value for your property based on a certified, independent appraisal.
- You may be eligible to receive tax benefits by donating a portion of the value of your property.
- Closing can occur quickly.
- You are assured that your land will remain forever wild.
If you are a landowner with potential property to sell that fits this description, please contact us by email or call 206.397.5240.